Safe and Secure European Routing
Within the SASER-SIEGFRIED project, Nokia designs an architecture and technologies for secure future networks in close collaboration with the other project partners. The target is to correct security deficits of today’s Layer 3 networks. The following activities were accomplished for this objective:
- Firstly, data transmission are downscaled as far as possible to lower network layers (Layer 1 and 2), to reduce the need of IP-routers, which have to be considered as critical to security. This can be realized by adopting technologies of network virtualization and efficient redundancy, based on flexible and highly available optical systems.
- Secondly, mechanisms of security for future networks are designed, based on an analysis of remaining security problems in Layer 3 (for example: Backdoor and Anomaly detection).
- 07/12/2015: Demo @ IEEE Globecom
- 26/11/2015: SASER Closing Event
- 25/11/2015: SASER-SIEGFRIED Final Review
- 09/18/2015: Interview with the team leader of the record breaking SASER field trial
- 07/09/2015: SASER-SIEGFRIED breaks data transmission record with 38.4 Tbps over 762 km
- 19/08/2014: Demo @ ACM SIGCOMM
- 24/06/2014: SASER conference
- 24/02/2014: Demo @ Mobile World Congress (MWC)
- 25/04/2013: International Kickoff and Plenum (Alcatel-Lucent, Stuttgart, Germany)